Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to Work

I know that my wife and some friends really believe that I never slow down. A recent post on FB about taking a nap during a vacation brought questionable comments. Yet, I do enjoying being lazy at times and see the total benefit with both snoozing when needed and also working hard when needed.

I chuckle at my wife, as we are lying in bed after coming back home asks me if I missed not seeing our kids and group while being gone. I missed my puppies, my bed, my house and especially my pillow. As I return to a busy end of August and beginning of September I know that life doesn’t slow down. I just had a close friend buried last week. I have to take my dad to his 2-month checkup for his hip surgery. Life doesn’t stop.

Yeah, I love to work hard and see the fruit of God’s grace and mercy both in my life and those around me. I don’t cherish the bumps in the road. Over the last month or so there have been a few ipods/phones that have been lost or stolen. Obviously I would rather think that they have been misplaced that lifted. Ultimately it has forced me to communicate in a different way with both adults and youth.

Just as I get almost settled into a normal routine I will be off to a CCDA conference in Chicago. I know many in New City/Barrio will think that all I do is travel but it really isn’t. I had thought about missing the CCDA Conference but know that I need the input, stimulation and fellowship. I look forward to connecting with a few of my PCA friends, local friends and college friends.

What would happen if the word were out that I actually always take a couple hour nap on Sundays before we do church that evening. I have come to appreciate that Jesus was actually fast asleep on the little fishing boat as the disciples/fishermen tried to get him to the other side. It took a storm and the frantic voice of his guys to get him to wake up. I am not as good at sleeping in them midst of a storm but am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment