Monday, October 5, 2015

Show kindness! Don't let someone rob you of joy!

Each day present lots of opportunity to either show kindness to everyone regardless of how they treat you or live with a rather critical mindset where you analyze everyone’s actions. I will be totally honest about getting bent out of shape at times with people who won’t left a finger to help or show kindness. I get it that I don’t have to clean up someone else’s mess, open the door for a senior or attempt to help a mom pick up the contents of her diaper bag when it empties out. Yet, maybe we should be willing to interrupt our busy schedule to show kindness.
I have been fortunate to be around a few amazing people who have greatly shown kindness to me! My mom was someone that was always quick to say we are a family so we care about each other which translated into clean up your brother’s mess, feed the dog or take out the trash without being told. My mom’s real point was to help those who need an extra hand. I was always touched by how she went out of her way to love and help those that were hurting and alone.
My greatest gift in life has been that of my wife and life partner, Anne! She has totally shown me the meaning of self-sacrifice and how kindness can go a long ways to impact an individual, a family and a community. She is the one who will clean up after someone and never say anything or be quick to help someone who doesn’t really deserve to be helped. The real issue is that being kind to someone who is your friend or is nice is so easy! The real opportunity is to be kind to a stranger and surprise them. Yes, that person you don’t know but can see is struggling with something is the one you can give five minutes of relief and help.
Yes kindness is something that the blind can see and the deaf can hear! Show kindness today and see how much better your day will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment