Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting Old


I know that one of the more difficult aspects of life for most is admitting that we are aging. The last couple of days I have spent in San Diego with my dad, brother/family and my daughter. I at times fear having to drive with either my father who is overly cautious and almost gets us killed or with my father in-law who drives like a bat out of 'hell'. I know that there are guardian angels on overtime watching over our aging loved ones.

I catch myself at times saying I don't want to turn into a cranky ol' man who makes much too do about nothing. My dad had cataract surgery on Monday and as we are driving out with his blurred vision he is directing the traffic around us and my driving skills. I understand that the privilege of being an adult is doing life your way but at times it becomes a challenge to know how to lovingly but firmly direct those who do loose touch with the world around them. We all live in our own crafted worlds that we determine the outcome of our lives as if we the are gods that can make our dreams come true.

I hope to become one who communicates with myself through writing bogs that helps me express the quarks in my life as I desire to be a Christ follower that wants others to see the one who is the truth, the life and the way.

dave

No comments:

Post a Comment