Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rain and Friends

I can’t fathom that my last painting project was actually rained out?? It never rains in Phoenix and we are in a drought cycle that isn’t supposed to stop with you know global warming taking over. Never the less it rained more last week than it had rained the whole last year. We had a large group coming that I was excited to have help out and be introduced to New City or Barrio Nuevo. God obviously wanted me to meet Cynthia Lazaro and House of Helps before continuing.

I continue to be blessed or pleasantly surprised at the new friends that God continues to bring me. I met yesterday with Officer Chris from the Phoenix PD. He has become a good friend whose job is to help those in my neighborhood. He going to join my Barrio Nuevo board and be my eyes and ears to the community. I had received a call about a month ago from someone with House of Helps. I returned her call quickly because I am interested in connecting with the real people in my neighborhood that are doing mercy work. I left numerous messages but never had a return call. I did talk with her helper and then finally decided to just go back to their house and knock on the door. She was at the home and we ended up having a couple of hours of listening and learning together.

Cynthia has a similar passion in seeing our neighborhood transformed by the gospel! It is exciting and reaffirming to have the Lord send someone whose family has lived in this neighborhood for over 40 years and has been loving on people in need the whole time. It will begin an adventure of learning more about trusting the Father and dreaming about letting God direct and supply the needs that are bigger than I can imagine. We will be painting the outside of her house and doing a handicap ramp. Her real dream is to enlarge her house with a couple of room additions that I am believing God will supply the needs and we can be part of the process of seeing it built in the coming year.

God is faithful and great at surprising me!

No comments:

Post a Comment