Monday, May 6, 2019

Life is about giving not getting!

I’m always encouraged and inspired by a group of friends from a local company, Stormwind in Scottsdale. The owner, a great friend, is always so quick to volunteer, step up and bless one or more of our grandmas with painting of the exterior of their homes. Tom is always such a delight to watch as he exudes such a loving and giving spirit! It’s actually fun when you have this mindset because it becomes contagious to all around. I know that as I greeted his team of 50 helpers that everyone from little Siena, who bragged about being 4, to the newest employee showed real enthusiasm to jump into painting. 

The end result after a few hours was a transformed house that truly blessed Tanya and her family. It’s always incredible to see the difference a group like this will make in a couple of hours. Yes, it does take team work, sponsorship and actually getting paint both on the house and at times on each other. I always love seeing a picture of this amazing family at Stormwind.

My other inspiration, whenever we paint, are twin sisters who regardless of what’s happening will find a way to show up. I’m touched by the cheery spirit and enthusiasm of these gals. They’re so quick to volunteer, do whatever they’re asked and actually work. I know that doing real work isn’t always the focal point of kids. Yet, these gals always step up and ask where can they help? I’m jazzed to watch them with their smiles and eager spirits. 

The other person, who always inspires me, is grandma Bernice. I know that being 87 for most would mean staying inside and not venturing out. Yet, my grandma is always so quick to volunteer and then show up early. She has this incredible smile that truly touches and inspires anyone who sees her. I’m so fortunate to have her in my life. She is great at cleaning up, doing the little things that turn into the biggies in life. 

One of my other teen helpers, who will be a senior soon, always goes out of her way to get her key club to help. I know that as the semester comes to a close soon that everyone is busy with finals and finishing school. Yet, Elianna brought her team out to help finish up Lexi’s house. I’m also touched to see another pre-teen, Bunny, who recently moved far away, to show up with her incredible smile. I chuckled as a few of my interns helped Bunny navigate painting the trim and the pop outs of Lexi’s house. 

I’m also around some that truly believe that the world should revolve around them. I understand a little about what life is like if you don’t have anything. The pathway to a better life isn’t through mooching or scamming but asking how can I help so I can learn, do better and rise above my setting? 

I have been inspired by so many who are truly givers who step up and sacrificially make a difference so I in turn can be a blessing to MANY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment