Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trust Issues

I am known to like to do lots of things to both challenge myself and those God brings into my life. I believe that life is to be lived by doing not sitting on the couch playing ps3 or surfing the net. This last week has been interesting as I have seen God work in both great situations and also sad situations.

Last night I had one of my ‘moms’ ask to talk to me while we were cleaning up after the teen night in the park. Her daughter usually commands my instant attention and I ‘put her off’ a little while we finished cleaning up. I assumed that her mom was going to complain about something or ask a favor for her daughter who tends to be hyper active. Instead I was shocked as she shared grim news, she has a large tumor in her abdomen that will require surgery. This is going to happen like next week and she will be off of work for at least 6 weeks. She has worked as a hotel maid for the last 20 years.

Just a few hours before this, I get a text from one of my teens asking me to talk to her parents. She is a good kid but definitely coming into her own and pushing the boundaries. I know that she has been grounded a bunch and have strict parents. The great news is that I got to talk to her mom and dad who are actually cool people who grew up in the hood and totally understand the challenges that face today’s young teen. The reality for this teen was that she did something that she deserved to be grounded for and was giving her parents some attitude. I agreed with them that she should be grounded and learn to listen and follow her parents guidelines and also mine. It was scary talking to her parents at first but realized that we are on the same side for their daughter.

My life is full of surprises like having too many people to go on our Sedona trip. The last thing I wanted to do was say no to two of our Mexican Moms who should be able to come. One of the other mom’s drives her daughter and a friend to drop off and I quickly ask her to come drive and guess what she drives and there was room for all 45 to enjoy the cool water and amazing red rock of Sedona.

God is faithful and trustworthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment