Thursday, May 12, 2011

Pushed Out of the Nest

I truly have an incredible wife, partner, best friend and fellow Christ follower. My Anne is amazing when it comes to rising to the occasion. She is able to balance an amazing load and not show any signs of wear and tear. I knew that she had a work related meeting on Wednesday. I also knew that her direct supervisor was getting pressure to outsource all of the transcription work. So I wasn't surprised when I get a text that she had been laid off, fired, down sized or given the shaft. What amazed me was that she wasn't screaming, mad or ready to go after Kendra and some of the Doctors who are totally into themselves and don't show any real concern for their employees.

We will be ok and Anne will end up doing something totally different that will help her ultimately. The next few months will be the same with her doing work for her fellow transcriptionist who is doing overflow work. The difficulty for most of these ladies is that they are the only income in their homes and medical insurance becomes so important. The job had its pluses and minuses with having some flex but then the reality that you have to work on weekends or have emergencies that mean you work late some afternoons.

I know personally that sometimes God uses tough circumstances to wake us up to do what he really wants us to do. I will always remember that night when three of my friends in leadership and ministry did it to me. Looking back now I know that they were immature and brash in their demands and sense of God's will. I know that I should have come to the conclusion that we were at a stalemate. God uses different means to push us out of the nest into the action. I am glad to be in the middle of the action today instead of being in a church that has comfort zone and inactivity written all over it. I will be the first to admit that truly living by faith is both exciting and totally scary.

I know that my Anne will still have a servant's heart in her attitude towards any job she gets and hopefully it will be something totally different that will stir her heart to greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment