Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Life is short. Have an affair?

This week over 37 million individuals are discovering whether their lives will be shortened because of hackers attacking the Ashley Madison cheating site.  What would happen, pretend with me, if you were part of this site and all of a sudden your spouse, friends or work partners receive some type of e-mail identifying you as a cheater? If we truly live in a society where morals have been put to the side it shouldn’t matter or should it?

I know that the allure of the forbidden fruit got not only Adam and Eve in trouble but also the rest of us, myself included. We face temptation daily about whether it’s ok to cheat, steal, lie or have an affair. The decision we make each day is whether faithfulness and integrity matter in my life, the lives of my family and friends around me. What has happened that over 37 million individuals have to cheat to find adventure and fulfillment in life?

I think that the illusion that you can cheat, lie, steal or have an affair and not get caught now has been turned into a nightmare by the hackers, ‘The Impact Team”. Is this some type of Robin Hood group that is coming to the aid of the victims that have been in the dark for too long? I know that for many living on the edge is what makes life happen. Yet, the hurtful reality is that living a lie is detrimental to everyone regardless of your age, gender or circumstances.

What would happen if I put just as much time, resources and heart into investing into the one that I’m presently with? I’m a child of the 60’s so I can remember a song about loving the one you’re with. It’s true this could be misconstrued but the reality is that I’m with my best friend/life partner most of the time. So is it possible that commitment, faithfulness and integrity can make a relationship real and alive? Does the forbidden fruit syndrome always have to win out?


It’s a tragic sign of the condition of our society that there are millions that can make an Ashley Madison cheating site profitable. Maybe these hackers might have given many a second chance to rethink whether cheating is going to enrich their short lives? 

So maybe I’ll start a new site that focuses on; ‘Life is short. So be faithful!’

No comments:

Post a Comment