Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Yeah - Dave Does Get Mad

I think there is this perception that I never lose it. Well after being gone for a week at an amazing conference I walk into my office. I always check out my fish tanks. There is always the possibility that one of my big fish could actually choose to jump out of the tank or get into a fight and end up out of the water. As I am looking at my big tank with fish that are all over 1 foot long I notice that my little blue shark is no where to be found. As I am looking at the Red Tailed Catfish I come to the conclusion that the protrusion out of his stomach is my little Blue Shark. I was ready to physically take the big fish out of my tank and shake it until my little blue shark came out. I was MADDDDDD. I knew that I should have transferred this little guy into my other big tank where his size would have been fine.

Last night we had our normal Tuesday Night dinner, singing and study. I have been sick the last few days and knew that last night would be my best moment. We had a couple of newer kids which some times can mean a disaster or nothing at all. A couple of the kids kept going back into the kitchen area to hang out which was a no no. So after politely having a couple of different teens go back to get their attention I finally got up and screeched at them. It worked they all come out. Then as we continued to sing a few more songs it was obvious that the older group wasn’t singing but talking. I decided to get their attention and ask them to leave so the rest of us could sing. Wow – I think I got their attention. They walked out shocked that I would do that.

I then went on to explain to the others the importance of respecting the Lord and one another. When we talk on top of each other we don’t hear anyone and the real tragedy is that someone new doesn’t understand what is that we are doing??

My lesson learned is to let my feeling out more often to get more people to be respectful of the Lord. It’s also fun to watch the reaction and then see whether anyone thinks that I am going to cool off and forgive which I always do.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment