Monday, November 2, 2009

Yuck! I'm Sick!

I know one of the things which I hate to ever admit is when I am sick or out of it. I guess because I was raised by a mom who was always the type to jump right in and do something she ingrained in my head this notion that being either lazy or sick wasn’t something we did. (At least not too often.)

Yesterday was a great Sunday. I had an opportunity to talk about New City at New Valley for both services and make a push for our New City Painting Blitz on Nov. 21. I could tell by the last presentation that I was feeling totally out of it. I still had my own church to do. So after scarfing down half a quesadilla and part of a chicken tostada I took a nap. I actually feel asleep and got a good 2-hour snooze. I did my normal routine with getting a bunch of different kids. Now that we have the van it makes it so much easier to pick them up. We had a good worship time and then afterwards were able to talk with a visitor who had found us through the Internet.

As usual the kids/teens talked me into letting them hang out at the park before taking most of them home. So I tried to go out and do some basketball but decided to go back to my truck and do nothing and let 30 minutes pass so I could get home. So we do the typical drop off and it turns out that one of the girl’s family is at her brothers, which mean I have to take her there. (This wasn’t that far off the beaten path.) Then another one of our regulars got stuck at a friend’s house and needed me to get him and then take him home. So I get home around 8:30, which isn’t bad considering I had to make a couple of special trips.

Last night I decided to cancel all of my appointments for today and attempt not to do much of anything. There is this paranoia going around with the H1N1 that you could get sick and never get better. My wife is always quick to chime in that we can’t die until God wants us to go home. This obviously is true but I don’t want to increase the opportunity. I am learning that rest and slowing down does have its merits. I felt blessed because one of my kids asked if something was wrong because I sounded different. I explained that I was coming down with the flu and was on slow motion. My head is a little fuzzy so I am going to stop.

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment