Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Planning

I tend to pride myself on being prepared and always thinking both forward and backward. Yet, the reality for me is that life is often lived at the moment and not everyone uses their i-calendar like me. It requires a little bit more faith and trust of our Father in heaven. I tend at times to put more faith in myself then in God. Yes, I am admitting to this up front.

The exciting news is that God is faithful even when others are flakes and don’t return calls or e-mails. I am learning that it is important to plan, include others, promote and remind people all of the time. So yes that last minute phone call is important or the note that I left in someone’s door is actually read. The personal downside, which I know but don’t want to admit, is that everyone’s life doesn’t revolve around me.

I know that God ultimately will bring things together in a way that does show forth his purpose and does impact my neighborhood. It is difficult to trust others who you know might not follow through or would seldom take pride in what they do. The obvious lesson is that it is essential for others to learn even if it is through failing. The only way I can learn at times is to fall flat on my face and then have to pick myself back up. No one likes to be analyzed or critiqued by anyone yet; the reality is that this is how we grow the most.

So yes I live in a world that isn’t totally run by white color educated types that thrive on being timely. I know that one of the better approaches that will promote better health is to see that manana manana is sometimes the solution to being too tied to the clock or bottom line. People are more important than selfish results.

It is always fun to mix it up and be on time when you are always late or if you are a time fanatic then to choose to be late can be refreshing for someone who is always running behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment