Friday, October 4, 2013

Routine is Sexy!


I know that as a teen growing up I never envisioned myself as a person that would get into routines or habits. I almost prided myself on being outside of the box and would go out of my way to vocalize my differences from my dad who as the military officer type drove me crazy. As I listened to my alarm go off at 4:45 this morning I would have rather staid in bed and snoozed for another hour. Yet, between the dogs and my wife we transitioned out of the bedroom and into our truck.

We typically walk on dogs on the canal trail at 5:15am before the sun is out and hopefully others are out exercising. This has become a ritual that we do everyday. It becomes a breath of fresh air to be with my Anne and hold hands along with dog leashes and dogs at tow. I enjoy listening and even at times share my heart as we watch the sunrise and another day start.

I will popularize silly sayings to reinforce the fact that early birds do fare better ultimately and those that snooze miss out. This doesn’t require a PhD for anyone to understand time management and acquiring an ability to be passionate about life. I’m also around people who seem to be limited by their own life circumstances where they are handcuffed to their couch or bed and can’t move or do much of anything.

I admit that those who make excuses about why life isn’t happening for them frustrate me. I will listen but end up coming back to talking about getting up early and being ready for life instead of being last minute, late and always forgetting something. I just spent a couple of hours with someone who I listened to and helped think through some life choices. My simple request was to write out what you are going to do differently and then do it. Yes, I do believe that routine for me has become sexy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment