Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Real Super Heroes!


Yes, I actually went and watched in 3-D Ironman #3. It was rather interesting seeing the 3rd installment of this avenger super hero. This was definitely a different take on the villain with a well- known actor being portrayed as the face of evil when he wasn’t much of anything besides a drunk with a variety of accents. My Anne unfortunately didn’t ‘hang’ too well with the 3-D aspect of the movie and ended up feeling a little dizzy. I can remember a decade or more ago doing Magic Mountain with our son and she ended up on the sideline for the day.

My real point today is that we are surrounded by super heroes that just don’t look like the movie version. These are normal people that live extra-ordinary lives by doing simple things extra-ordinarily. This morning I will meet two of my super helpers who are always quick to volunteer to do the behind the scenes dirty work of prepping houses for our painting blitzes. They get up early and gather all of their cleaning and yard tools. They are a joy to work with a great motivation to me to keep doing community work.

This last Sunday I had one of my grandmas come to our BBQ at our house. We typically have 30-40 teens and youth. It is a lot of fun but can be rather wild because of the kid factor. Doris is such a trooper she comes to everything whether she ‘feels’ great or not. It is always such a blessing to see her smile and quick wit to put some of our teens in their place. She is taking care of a few 90 something. She does this out of the kindness of her heart. I pray that as she enters into her golden years that she has someone step up and care for her in the same fashion.

I have a couple of what I call my normal moms who have kids, husbands that work full time and are involved helping with everything. I’m impressed when they volunteer to bring home made cookies for our last tutoring session. I’m impressed when I get a text from another single mom who always is quick to volunteer to make rice, beans or whatever I need for any large gathering. She has made enough for 100’s when we do our painting blitz lunches.

My real dream is that my kids becomes like one of my Hispanic mom’s who went out of her way to help her son get his Deferred Dream Act Card and then his Social Security Card. I love it when I see normal people do ordinary things in an extra-ordinary way!

No comments:

Post a Comment