Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Understand?


I know that at times I have high expectations and can get frustrated or even mad when circumstances don’t go the way I would like. It isn’t easy living in a world where some are really interested in making a difference and the majority is along for the ride. I have high hopes that those who are standing around watching others take life by storm will at some point in their lives be drawn into doing something to make a difference instead of sitting around and watching.

I had a tough situation today where I had asked someone to help with doing some work and would get paid. I had hoped to get this work accomplished before lunch when I was still around. The challenge was that by the time I got a text from this individual I knew that nothing was going to happen today.  It was apparent that my friend had a bad morning and crashed and burned.

I understand that life has too many curve balls that at times are our fault and other times it is just circumstances we can’t control. I had another call from a friend who is being evicted from their house in the next few days. The property management individual I initially thought was being rather pushy and mean. I agree to intervene with this individual and end up e-mailing and then calling. After talking with this individual I come to the conclusion that he is actually not a bad guy and the homeowner is actually being fair and gracious. All of the problems will be resolved in a few days and there will be no need for getting angered any longer.

It is too easy to jump to conclusions about others when you don’t have all of the information and are better able to understand and show some grace. The challenge is choosing to not make a life or death issue out of something that isn’t life threatening.  So today I let go of being upset or disappointed with a friend that flaked out and another friend who had been going through some really tough circumstances. I hope that both of these friends realized that I too could lose it and be on the out at times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment