Friday, December 5, 2014

I Could Scream! Are Men Really from Mars?

Why is it always the case that you can have infinite patience with those outside your family, like my crazy kids and teens in my neighborhood but when it comes to going ballistic, my wife, who I love dearly, drives me insane with tech stuff! I can handle someone reaming me for something that is really senseless but the second I have to help my best friend I get this smarter than thou tone and act like how in the world can’t you get this after working with computers since the 80’s?

I confess that tears and emotions drive me crazy at times! I want the one who I love the most be able to succeed with all of this social media stuff. Yet, I need to step back and realize that my life revolves around blogging, posting on social media and then always looking for the next super quote that will change the world. Yet, I know that it takes time, maybe longer than I want to admit for my partner to figure out this beast that consumes too much of my time.

The point of this post is for me to see that it doesn’t matter how long it takes because this isn’t about checking off something on a to do list but about investing in the most important relationship in my life! I confess to the fact that I operate too often in the fix it mode and expect instant attainment for everyone around me, especially those who are older, more mature or the superstars in my life. Yet, I may have to accept the fact that my Anne might not become a social media techie type of girl.

I know better than to let the hormonal side of life overwhelm me because tears drive me to ‘drink’! I should be an expert after more than 40 years of understanding what matters the most is being a listener, helper, partner and not someone who is more concerned about the end result than the journey. I admit that Gray’s book about men being Martians and women being from Venus has lots to speak out about my malady of male short sidedness.


So it’s time for us Martians to realize that life has to be more about healthy relationships than in being in the top 2% of your LinkedIn connections! I love you my Anne regardless of your tetchiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment