Saturday, June 13, 2015

The grass is greener where you water it!

Have you ever made an important decision based upon the myth that the grass is greener on the other side? Is life really that much different across the railroad tracks? Amazing how we truly think that our lives would rock if we just had that better job, bigger house or fancy newer smart phone. One of the most important life lessons is to realize is that you are the one that controls whether the grass is green in your backyard forget about the other side of town or the next state!

What stops you from making your present circumstances happen? Isn’t it tragic that we are so quick to blame someone or circumstances for our life situation? The assumption that a change of venue will improve my life isn’t always going to make a difference and could actually hurt my situation. What empowers a person to take ownership of their life, stop making excuses, blaming someone else and step up to ‘water the grass’ or feed their souls?

I was fortunate to have parents that were both realists and dreamers. I was taught from a young age to be responsible for my life circumstances and never blame someone else for doing poorly at work, school or in my family. I was also encouraged to reach for the stars and never let someone talk me out of attempting the impossible! The difficulty for many growing up is that they haven’t been taught about owning up for their life circumstances and few have ever been inspired by anyone around them to pursue their dreams. Instead they have been called dumb, lazy or stupid.

I reside in the Valley of the Sun, which means I have to actually water my backyard for it not to turn into a barren wasteland. Amazing how a little bit of water and sunshine can turn a desert into an oasis. This morning I had breakfast with a special friend who is in her last year at the Naval Academy. She is someone that inspires me to keep working, pursuing my dreams and to never give up or quit! She has faced many obstacles on her journey the last three years and is close to seeing her hard work and perseverance pay off!


I admit that it takes to time to water your life garden! You will discover soon I hope that if you don’t water the grass in your present life circumstance most likely it won’t make any difference where you live or whether you move! Make the grass green in your life and stop thinking you will find the meadow across the hillside any different!

No comments:

Post a Comment