Monday, April 27, 2015

Worry doesn't stop the bad stuff from happening!

I have always loved the common sense wisdom of Charlie Brown thanks to Charles Shultz! How often do you toss and turn at night because you have allowed worrying to cloud your common sense side only to live a life of hyper anxiety.  My mom would always tell me that throwing a pity party or allowing worrying to paralyze you doesn’t accomplish anything! The end result of worry is that it stops you from being able to enjoy the good in life.

Is it really possible to stop the bad stuff in life from happening? I know one of the life lessons my parents taught me wasn’t to pretend that life is always good but learn how to face each day with courage, common sense and a sense of excitement.  The sad fact is that too many people wake up each morning thinking about what will go wrong.  The tragic side to worry is that you end up wrecking your day causing not just yourself heartache but those around you. So why worry and not instead see each day as an opportunity to experience life even as you face what might seem to be the impossible.

I believe that it is possible to face what seems to be the impossible as you choose to live one day at a time and make today count! My mom’s battle with cancer over a decade taught me volumes about seeing all life as truly a gift from God that we must cherish. I agree that often the why of life circumstances is a normal reaction to the bad news of cancer, a tragic accident or the unthinkable nightmare. I can’t control any of this but what I can control is my response. Yes, it is my choice to face the bad stuff in my life and not ignore it or pretend it doesn’t exist. My mom’s constant pain and reaction to chemo should have shut her down totally but instead she was the one reassuring me. She became the one to feed into my life in the midst of her battle with cancer.


What shall it be? Enjoy life or fear the bad stuff by choosing to allow worry to consume you! I admit that this isn’t an easy lesson to master but the sooner you start the less worry will consume you and you will be enjoying your life so much more as you do something that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment