Thursday, December 8, 2011

Friends

I will quickly admit to being a people person. I thrive on being around people and being able to connect, learn and help. I am amazed at how God brings people across my path. Yesterday I text one of my mom’s to ask about her offer to give us some pine cones for a Christmas project for our tutoring group and also our Christmas Party. I pull up to get the bag and discover every thing needed to do the craft! Wow – I’m humbled at how my friends love on me. I texted a few of my moms, to see if they can help with food for our Christmas party. They all quickly texted back with a J.

I just got a call from someone with the city. His message didn’t make sense until I talked with him. He is a middle management type with the city who wants to do something that will really help families. He had gotten my name from a friend who knew a little about what we do. We talk for 20 minutes and he is able to hear my story and I hear his story. Another friend who share a common interest in seeing our neighborhoods turn around.

I attempted this morning to visit with a college student who has volunteered with our teens and kids. I could have knocked myself in the head for being on autopilot and went to the wrong hospital. She was having surgery on her collarbone after an ATV accident in Mexico. I quickly drive to the correct hospital only to discover that she checked in at a different registration area and that she is using her Mandrian name not her American name. I felt somewhat dismayed at not being able to see her after getting her the cutest little Starbuck’s bear. I will eventually see her with a ‘fixed’ collarbone.

I met yesterday with a couple of good friends who do community work with me. As we were talking and airing our frustrations with most that love to talk about something but seldom act it became clear that these guys are special to me and I really need their friendship and support. I know that it is up to me to keep in contact with them and not be aloof with them.

I check my e-mail and discover a note from someone from another church that asks how we are doing and wants some info for their mission committee. I don’t know this brother very well at all but he obviously is reaching out to me. I definitely am interested in receiving any help to continue doing mercy work.

I have another good friend who I abuse all of the time. He helps me with our websites. Unfortunately I made a huge blunder when I changed computers and my backup failed and I didn’t know it. We have been trying to fix this mess and now after two tries it is still a mess. I attempted to tweak everything on both sites and go to upload and discover that everything we had done with the headers for the sites had flip flopped. I am thinking how in the ………….did this happen.

I do need friends and my best friend is truly my Anne who is always there for me regardless of what I have done or how she is feeling. I so much enjoy our morning outings even though it is now like 35 degrees. I love being able to fix lunch for her before she blasts off to work. Much like getting away for three days to Flagstaff was so refreshing being with my best

No comments:

Post a Comment