Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thief!

I will often tell my teens about my escapes as a youth when it came to shoplifting. My wife will slug me if I say this as if to brag or act like it’s a good thing to be an accomplished thief. I did have a short run as a long jacketed type that frequented a music store when LP’s were the thing. Looking back it was really dumb doing what we did. We got away with it, this obviously doesn’t make it right but it became exciting to see what we could do next and get away with it. It wasn’t until one of the guys got caught that we decided to cool it.

I know that if I have nice toys or necessities to some that they might get lifted if I am foolish enough to leave them out when we have crowds over. Especially if there are new people, adults included, who might seem to case our house and see all of our computer, ipads, etc…. So I do get ticked, Anne even more so than I when it comes to her loosing or getting her iPhone ripped off. I know that the first time it really was something, which had struck me; don’t leave anything out in the open unattended. Anne worked upstairs and had a work area where she would leave her phone. The challenge, which is still an issue a little, is that my lovely wife doesn’t much attention to her phone, regardless of whether it is a dumb phone or iPhone. So it is easy for her to not know whether she has her phone on her if she leaves without her purse or forget to turn it on.

So this last week after a mentor group dinner it became clear that the phone was missing. It had been on top of her purse. I am always the meanie that says why didn’t you keep it inside where it isn’t visible or keep it in your pocket. Regardless it was taken and the few that seemed to be suspects didn’t seem to have it. The one guy, who was a visitor and tattooed up, already had an iPhone. So after this last Sunday bbq a few of us came to the conclusion that we were missing one of the ipads. I chose not to react like Anne, who walked out of the house with a knife. Fortunately for her I was there and took it away.

So we did a good search of the house and continued to look all over the place to no avail. I started to text a few of the teens that either could have taken it or might know who did. I get no real response just suggestions as to who had it last. I thought I had activated find your iPhone on it but discovered that it was the one apple device that the almighty cloud missed L

Anne has had multiple encounters with loosing and then having returned I think 3 iPhones and now has had 2 stolen. The ones that were returned were incredible stories, such as one of our older teen’s mom’s boy friend sees it on the street and feels convicted because our picture is on it and he can’t pawn it. The other story even more amazing is that as Anne punches in the number for our daughter’s gated community her phone and wallet fall out of the truck onto the street. Someone in the complex who works late actually calls and texts that they have found the phone! She gets it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment