Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Life is messy – get use to it!

Yes bad things happen to good people and on occasion good people do bad things! My mom would always tell me not to make a mountain out of a molehill. Yet, the reality is that we are much more into making little messes into big messes! I had a friend post this morning a picture of his fancy coffee machine with a large mound of grounds all around it. Does this equate to having a bad day or just don’t cry over your spilled coffee mess? Obviously he forgot to empty out his grounds from the day before so the fancy coffee machine was innocent!

Last night I watched a miracle unfold before my eyes! A young mom whose battery died and needed help approached me. She knew who I was and assumed that I would help her. I got one of my interns to get out her jumper cables and proceeded to get another car to assist in resurrecting her battery. It was only minutes later that her son was slugging it out with one of my little guys. My little guy’s twin jumped into the fray and then all of a sudden it turned into a family brawl with sister also getting into it.

I caught myself watching from a distance then quickly made it over to the fight, which now was in the breakup phase. The one twin who had been in the middle of it for some reason decided to disappear. I quickly found him and brought him back to help diffuse a mess, especially if the mom got into with him and his extended family. The amazing thing was that the mom and another mom stepped in but instead of creating a huge mess they actually diffused it. Instead of the blame game it was a lesson on how to stop something not great from turning into something really bad.

I laughed as the day finished up thinking what could have transpired with a couple of moms fighting with the sister of the twins and then the rec center staff would have to call the police. Instead a great life lesson was learned by all to not allow tempers to get out of control and to clearly ask for help before someone got hurt. Yes it’s so easy to turn a little mess into a brawl and end up regretting something that truly was spilled milk that wasn’t worth wasting time over!


Yes life is messy and it’s up to you to decide whether this morning’s coffee ground mess is a big enough headache to allow it to ruin your day! Go to Starbucks instead and get your cup of Pike blend my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment