Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What you put in your mind is what you get out of it!


So what’s happened to cause this lack of brainpower and desire to be capable of critical thinking? Does it have anything to with the fact that in today’s Internet and social media driven culture that most of the reasons to think have been taken away? I no longer have to do research on a topic I just have to Google it and the topic unfolds before me. I didn’t have this good fortune when I was a teen or college student. Wikipedia didn’t exist so I had to actually go to a library and look at these strange little cards that directed me to BOOKS. I was a science major in college so I despised the library!

I admit that I haven’t visited a library in decades but I still read voraciously thanks to my wife’s imprint on my brain. What’s helped me continue to be someone who loves to think, analyze and converse is a desire to be a lifelong learner. I confess that I probably won’t buy a hardback book and my Ipad Air is my portable library to my wife’s dismay. Yet, what’s incredible about the Internet is that I can find new books to expand my mind and push my thinking abilities in minutes.

I truly believe that reading has become a last art for most and we only read out of necessity. It would seem that social media and music have taken front stage! So real question is whether my college friend will find a soul mate who too is capable of thinking on her own.


So if I put zero into my brain than I shouldn’t be surprised when not much comes out of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment